Myles Friedman, Attorney
Albers & Associates
1001 North Point Boulevard, Suite 506
Baltimore, Maryland 21224
CIRCUIT COURT FOR BALTIMORE COUNTY, MARYLAND, 401 Bosley Avenue, P.O. Box 6754, Towson, MD 21285-6754 - Case Number: C-03-FM-22-002812 - To: RICHARD DAVID PENDERGAST, NO KNOWN ADDRESS - IN RE ADOPTION/GUARDIANSHIP OF ALYSSA P.
Publication of Show Cause Order
RELATIONSHIP TO ADOPTEE: Natural Father
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT:
1. A Petition has been filed for adoption of female minor born to Lauren Michelle Anderson And Richard David Pendergast on October 22, 2007 in Wicomico County, Maryland.
2. If this Order is served on you on or before August 31, 2022 and you wish to object to the adoption, you must file a Notice of Objection on or before September 30, 2022 at the County Courts Building, 401 Bosley Avenue, Towson, Maryland 21204.
3. WHETHER THE PETITION REQUESTS ADOPTION OR GUARDIANSHIP, IF YOU DO NOT FILE A NOTICE OF OBJECTION ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE STATED ABOVE A DECREE TERMINATING YOUR PARENT AL RIGHTS MAY BE ENTERED WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.
4. You may want to hire an attorney to help you. You are entitled to have the Court appoint an attorney to represent you in this proceeding if:
(a) you are the person to be adopted and:
(1) you are at least ten years old and, because of disability, are incapable of consenting to the adoption or of effectively participating in the proceeding, or
(2) the proceeding involves the involuntary termination of the parental rights of your parents,
(b) you are a natural parent of the person to be adopted or for whom a guardian is sought and:
(1) are under 18 years of age, or
(2) because of disability, are incapable or consenting to the adoption or guardianship or of effectively participating in the proceeding, or
(3) do not have the money to hire an attorney.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE ENTITLED TO HAVE THE COURT APPOINT AN ATTORNEY FOR YOU AND YOU WANT AN ATTORNEY, NOTIFY THE COURT WITHIN THE TIME YOUR NOTICE OF OBJECTION MUST BE FILED.
5. If you wish further information concerning an appointment of an attorney, you may contact the Adoption Clerk at the address above, (410) 887-3069 or ( 410) 887-3469.
RUTH JAKUBOWSKI, Judge
Entered: Clerk, Circuit Court for
Baltimore County, MD
August 1, 2022